Business Engage Trainers have been trained on the methodology to promote organizational learning on mainstreaming gender practically and effectively.
Participatory Gender Review Facilitators are able to identify critical gaps and challenges; recommend ways of addressing them and suggest new and more effective strategies, leading to documenting good practices towards the achievement of gender equality in the world of work.
Participants will also be resource persons, given their expertise and understanding of gender equality aspects of their environments.
Business Engage Gender Review Overview
To provide networking opportunities for individuals to meet those from other organizations that they would ordinarily not have met, to make contacts and use these to either develop mentoring opportunities or business contacts;
One example of these is the very successful Hot Tables Events that have been run monthly since July 2006 including 9 or 10 hosts that are experts in their various fields and approximately 90 – 100 members and non-members of Business Engage.
The idea of these evenings is to offer guests an inspirational discussion with an expertin their field in an intimate, small group environment. Events are run as learning and networking opportunities. Events are open to all women and men whether they are in a corporate business or a business owner.
Guests choose a table of ten to begin with and then move to a different table after each course of a three-course meal.
To encourage individuals to have the courage to be mentored by others and to be bold to get advice on growing themselves personally;
To develop a group of senior individuals, men and women, that are willing to share experience and knowledge with others and who are happy to assist those coming up theladder;
To assist individuals and business owners in identifying what skills and talents are required to enhance their careers or to grow their companies;
The Mentorship Programme was launched in August 2007.
Cherie Blair Foundation Mentorship Programme
Cherie Blair Foundation's Mentoring Women in Business Programme. This unique programme offers unparalleled support to women entrepreneurs through their innovative e-mentoring scheme and online platform.
Business Engage has been appointed as partners of the programme in South Africa and offer this free to members of Business Engage.
for more information.
Business Engage Toastmasters
Toastmasters is an internationally recognised institution for the development of public speaking.
Business Engage has managed to draw interest from a surprising number of senior people in business in this regard.
Meetings held in Sunninghill. Soon to be launched in other parts of South Africa.
Joining Fee: R575.00 and every 6 months
Includes first 6 months Membership, Course Manuals for Communication & Leadership Tracks
Skills that will be developed :
- Learn to Communicate More Effectively
- Become a Better Listener
- Improve your Presentation Skills
- Increase your Leadership Potential
- Become more Successful in Your Career
- Build your Ability to Motivate and Persuade
- Reach your Professional & Personal Goals
- Increase your Self Confidence.
- Build Speaking and Leadership Skills with Time-Tested Methods
- Focus on Areas of Interest in our Self-Paced Curriculum
- Receive Suggestions for Improvement through Constructive Evaluations
- Contact Gill Kabe, President of Business Engage Sunninghill Club,
International Labour Organization (ILO) Non-Profit Organisation – Corporate Governance Workshops
- Joint initiative of Business Engage & ILO
- 12 non-profit organisations participated in first event
- Colleen Larsen and various other members of Business Engage have been accredited by ILO to develop and grow other non-profit organizations.
- Advocacy Training.
- Training for Business Development Service Providers who deal with Women Entrepreneurs.
- ILO has accredited 49 trainers in South Africa and 250 trainers in Africa in various programmes relating to starting, managing and growing small businesses.
- 11 of these trainers in South Africa have been accredited by ILO as experts in women entrepreneurship development. All of these are affiliated to Business Engage. List of ILO Women Entrepreneurship Development Prrogrammes
- Master Trainers are available to train additional trainers should we require additional capacity.
- The material is easily translatable into various languages.
- Trainers are available to train in the various ethnic languages.
Increased Accessibility to Training
- To facilitate access to training for individuals and business owners in all aspects of skills required to be in business, be they soft skills or business skills or specific financial services skills.
Various programmes are available that cover every facet of starting, growing and sustaining a business and the development of leaders.
Working Outside South Africa
There are 250 trainers on the African continent accredited in various International Labour Organization Training programmes, some who have been accredited as experts in Women Entrepreneurship Development (11 in South Africa).
The training has been standard across all trainers and allows for a continent programme to be launched with relevant capacity. Business Engage has previously completed two assignments outside South Africa for Microsoft. Both were Build Your Business Train the Trainer courses of five and three days duration.
Mauritius – for the Small Enterprise Development Agency.
Kenya – for Mercy Corp & US Aid.
Business Engage is currently facilitating a "train the trainer" for Microsoft for the Build your Business programmes in the following countries;
- Cote d'ovre